A New Way to Access the healthpoint Service – ‘healthtext’
The NHS Grampian healthpoint service offers free confidential information and advice for anyone with a question regarding their health.
Our trained health advisors are here to help you with information and advice on a wide range of health related issues:
- Practical ways to improve your health
- Information about health conditions
- Access to support groups and organisations
- Long term conditions, e.g. Diabetes, Asthma
- Information on your health concerns
- How to access NHS services
- Employment within the NHS
- Access to free condoms
- Access to smoking cessation services
We work hard to achieve our aim of ensuring that the healthpoint service is accessible to everyone across Grampian. ‘heathtext’ will run alongside, our walk in healthpoints, healthline and healthpoint [at] nhs [dot] net. ‘healthtext’ offers an easy way to contact a trained health advisor for those who do not have access to the walk-in healthpoints.
Clients looking for advice should text the word ‘Info’ to 82727 and a healthpoint advisor will call them back during office hours to discuss their enquiry. You enquiry could be about:
- Getting more information about a long term condition such as COPD, heart disease
- Information and advice about stopping smoking
- Support available across Grampian ranging from benefits entitlement to specialised exercise classes.
Texts are a standard network charge and all calls are made in the strictest of confidence.
The healthpoint service can be contacted by:
- Calling the free healthline 0500 20 20 30
- Emailing healthpoint [at] nhs [dot] net
Or by dropping into one of our local walk in healthpoints across Grampian at:
- Aberdeen Indoor Market
- Aberdeen Royal Infirmary Concourse
- The Hot Spot, 1-3 Kirk Street, Peterhead
- Dr Grays Hospital, Elgin
healthtext offers information and advice on a wide range of health issues, so if you have a query, would like more information or advice, text ‘Info’ to 82727 to speak to a trained health advisor today!